Welcome! The library is a great way to connect to your new community. All library services, programs, and resources are FREE.
Make the Most of Your Library Membership
It all starts with your library card. Our Become a BPL Member page tells you how to get your library card. You can use your library card number to borrow, download, or stream a wide variety of items, including books, movies, music, magazines, newspapers, and popular technology.
Books & Online Resources
- Borrow books in Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Hindi, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Punjabi, Russian, Spanish, Tagalog, Ukrainian, and Urdu.
- Get help preparing for the IELTS when you apply for Canadian citizenship, work, or study in Canada.
- Learn English as a Second Language through Mango Languages, an online resource to learn English and translate words from your mother tongue.
- Read daily newspapers from around the world using PressReader, an online resource.
- Kids can follow along as TumbleBook Library books come to life with graphics and sounds in English, Spanish, and French.
Programs & Services
- Attend exciting programs and special events for all ages, including some for newcomers to Canada. Programs are held in person at our library branches or online via Zoom video conferencing software. Some programs may require registration. You do not need to have a library card number to attend programs.
- Get help and support from local community services at the library and through Information Burlington, a confidential information and referral service of Burlington Public Library.
Enjoy the Library with Your Children
- Use your library card to borrow books and book kits to help your children read and do homework.
- Borrow DVDs and music CDs.
- Register your kids for our free programs, including coding, science, and book clubs.
- Join a summer reading program every summer, where kids can read books and earn prizes.
- Check out our PARENTS and RESOURCES sections on the library website for online resources, especially for kids, such as resources that help with homework and school projects.