Read local - Write local! We encourage published writers in the Burlington area to apply to have their book considered for our Local Author collection. We look forward to hearing from you.
All books must meet Burlington Public Library’s Collection Development Policy (see Related Links).
Authors who wish to have their books in this collection must agree to the following:
- The book is the author’s original work and property.
- The author’s submitted work does not contravene Canadian legislation and copyright.
- Burlington Public Library may use the work, or image of the work, to promote the Local Authors Collection.
- The book’s binding must be able to withstand at least 20 readings/circulations.
- Acceptable book bindings are hardcover, library binding, and trade paperback. We do not accept eBooks at this time.
- We do not accept items bound with punch-and-bind treatments, such as coil, spiral, or comb binding; stapled pages; 3-ring binding.
- Books may be removed from the collection at the Library’s discretion, according to the Collection Maintenance Guidelines. Books will not be returned to authors.
Local Author Application form - email completed form to Brynley Eckhart, Digital Resources & Collections Librarian