To use a public access computer (PAC), you can book in advance online (see Related Links below) or by calling 905.639.3611.
- Limited computers are available for pre-booked 45-minute sessions, beginning on the hour. Please make a computer appointment to guarantee availability.
- Walk-in appointments will be accommodated when possible.
- Reserved computers will be held until 15 minutes past the start of their booking. If you have not arrived within this period, the computer will be available for walk-in appointments.
- To use a printer, you can book a computer session or bring in a USB stick. Cash payment through the printer or debit is available.
- You can send a fax through a printer at three branches: New Appleby, Tansley Woods, Central-1st floor.
- Your BPL card number is required to reserve a computer. Tip! For easy booking, please make sure you have already set up your My BPL online account.
- Food and drink are not allowed at our computer desks.
- Computers, keyboards, and workstations are cleaned three times throughout the day. Wipes are available if you want to wipe down your computer station before use.
- To cancel your appointment, please call or contact us online.
A properly worn face mask or covering is required attire at all times when you are in the library unless a City of Burlington Mask By-law exemption applies to you. On arrival, we will provide you with a free disposable mask to wear if you don't have your own.
If you have any problems using a library computer, please ask staff for help.
- You need a BPL library card to log on. Your password is typically the last four digits of your telephone number, unless you've changed it.
- If you don't yet have a library card number, you can apply online—see Related links below
- You must click the I AGREE button to connect to the library's network from our Internet Access Policy screen.
- All users who sign in remain anonymous.
- All information, saved or not, is lost when your session ends.
- The computer automatically locks after 10 minutes of non-activity. It will stay locked for 10 more minutes, then the session will end unless activity resumes.
- Computers, keyboards, and workstations are cleaned after every session.
All PACs have a Windows 10 operating systems and are loaded with:
- Microsoft Office 2016
- Inkscape graphics software
- GIMP image software
- Upgraded apps like VLC Media Player, Google Earth, Adobe Reader etc.