BPL invites readers of all ages to escape into reading, all summer long.
New for 2020:
- All ages: This year, we're including everyone, from pre-readers to adults.
- Online: We're keeping it simple - everything is done through our website.
- Flexible: Set your own goals and we'll help you stay motivated.
- Weekly lists: Do one, do them all, do something else. You'll find weekly lists of books, resources and activity suggestions for every age group.
How it works:
- Join: Click the registration link (under Related Links below) to get started.
- Participate: Keep reading all summer! If you want to keep track of what you are reading, you can download our fillable/printable chart below. Check out our weekly lists for your next great read.
- Check-in: Come back to this page every week to enter our prize draws and let us know what your favourite book or activity was, using the check-in form (available July 7).
Suggested books, resources, and activities for the week of Jul 6 - 12:
Do one, do them all, do something else. Find new suggestions here every week. How you participate is up to you!
- Each participant is invited to enter 1 digital ballot weekly, for 9 weeks (Jul 6 to Sep 6).
- A maximum of 9 entries will be accepted per participant. If the number of submissions exceeds 9, only the first 9 will be accepted.
- If you missed checking in during a previous week in which you participated, you may submit an additional ballot for the current week instead.
- Participants choose where to direct their ballot each week: for a personalized booklist, in a weekly draw, or in the grand prize draw.
- Get the VIP personal shopper experience!
- Participants who select “receive a personalized booklist of recommendations” will be contacted by a library staff person who will work with their preferences to recommend 3-5 new titles to read.
- Every week, one winner will be drawn at random from each age group (0-5, 6-12, 13-17, 18+) to win a $25 Gift Certificate to a local Burlington business.
- "Weeks” run Monday-Sunday, draws will be conducted on the following Monday.
One Grand Prize winner will be drawn at random from each of the age groups below. Winners will be contacted after Sep 6.