Burlington Public Library recognizes the challenges faced by not-for-profits with limited funds to rent space for meetings, programs, and events, and offers space to support the important work they do in the community.
Not-for-profit groups are service-based and without a profit motive, and include community service organizations, culture and leisure groups, and neighbourhood associations. Groups eligible for no charge room use must be based in Burlington or providing direct services in Burlington.
Rooms are available at no charge at Aldershot, Alton, Brant Hills, New Appleby, and Tansley Woods branch locations.
Groups wanting to use a library room need to:
- contact Administration at 905.639.3611 ext 1110 for space availability and to book; and,
- complete the standard Room Rental Regulations to reserve the room.
- An organization may request use of a room at no charge for up to four bookings in total each calendar year, as space permits.
- No charge bookings are accepted up to two months before the requested date and must be made at least seven days before the date.
- Bookings are limited to three hours.
- The meeting, program, or event held in the room is completely free to participants. If not, a non-profit room rental fee applies.
- No fundraising events
- The booking is for the room only. Audiovisual equipment or sound systems are not available.
- Organizations are responsible for their own setup and take down. Tables and chairs are provided on request.
- Bookings will occur during branch hours, from half an hour after opening to half an hour before closing.
- No charge bookings apply to groups, not individuals.
- Limited space may be available on library bulletin boards to help promote the meeting, program, or event. Guidelines apply.
The Library reserves the right to cancel a no charge booking and/or prohibit further bookings if a group disregards any condition.
Download Not-for-Profit No Charge Room Use Guidelines PDF