- Black & White and colour
- Single- and double-sided
How to print instructions
- At each computer workstation: find step-by-step instructions on how to send your print job to the printer.
- At the printer: find instructions on how to release your print job.
If you have any questions, please ask staff at the closest Information Desk.
- Black & white printouts: pick up an any public printer
- Colour printouts: pick up on 2nd floor, outside of the Builders Room, near the Information Desk
Other branches (except Kilbride):
Pick up both black & white and colour printouts at the branch printer.
The printer accepts both paper and coin payment. Cash only; no accounts.
20¢ Black & White Letter (single-sided copy)
30¢ Black & White Duplex (double-sided copy)
40¢ Colour Letter (single-sided copy)
60¢ Colour Duplex (double-sided copy)
Once sent to print, your job expires in two hours if sent to a printer from a library computer, in 18 hours if sent wirelessly from a laptop or device, or until it is printed – whichever happens first.
Cancelling print jobs
Print jobs cannot be cancelled. You need to let the jobs expire.
No one can see what you are printing unless they have your Job Name/ID. It is yours to protect.
How to Print from a Wireless Device
Registering an email address
Before you print from your wireless device for the first time, you must register your email address with OCS Web Print.
Step-by-Step Wireless Printing
Once sent to print via wireless, your job expires in 18 hours or until it is printed – whichever happens first. Print jobs cannot be cancelled.
Option #1: Email the file
Email the print job to the printer. There are two addresses to choose from; select the option for your printout preference:
Create an email and address it to one of the two printers. Attach the document to be printed or just send the email if it’s only the email itself you want printed.
Once sent, in 3-5 minutes you will receive a confirmation email with the print release ID code.
Important! The print release code is your Job Name/ID – when you are ready to release the job from the printer you will need this number.
If you don’t receive the confirmation, check the usual suspects like a Spam folder to see if it was accidentally sent there.
- At the printer, follow the Printout Release instructions to access your Job List.
To release print jobs sent via email, you will see two jobs in the queue:
- The first job, which has an .html extension, is the actual body of the email.
- The second job is the attached file.
- Either or both of these jobs can be printed. If you only want the attachment and not the email, do not select it to be printed.
Option #2: Upload the file
Note: Supported formats are .jpg .bmp .xls .xlsx .doc .docx .ppt .pptx .txt .pdf .png
- Go to http://siteup.ocsinc.ca/BurlingtonPL
- Near the bottom of the page, you will see the upload area.
- Enter the email address that you previously registered.
- Choose File by browsing to to the file location on your computer and selecting the file you want to print. Choose whether you want it in colour or black & white.
- When you are satisfied with your choice, select Submit. You will be given a unique number once your file has successfully uploaded.