Income Tax Clinics hosted by Burlington Public Library will not be offered in 2021 due to COVID-19 restrictions.
If you need help preparing your 2020 income tax return, phone support will be provided by the Burlington Volunteer Income Tax Clinic.
This Canada Revenue Agency-trained group will provide this service for current and prior year returns, from March 1 to April 30. Call 289.427.0267. The phone line will be activated on March 1. You will be asked to leave your contact information in their voice mailbox, and a volunteer will follow up with you.
In general, your family income must be less than $35,000 for a single person, $45,000 for a couple, and for:
- Three persons: $47,500
- Four persons: $50,000
- Five persons: $52,500
- More than 5: $52,500 plus $2,500 for each additional person
The clinic volunteers do not complete returns for those who:
- are self-employed or have employment expenses
- have filed for or in bankruptcy
- have business or rental income and expenses
- have capital gains or losses
- are deceased