Library services while Halton in Red Zone
Starting Wed Feb 17: Contactless in-branch holds pick-up service resumes:
- Scan or tell us your library card number when you step inside; stay at the counter while we check-out your holds for you. No need to call us when you arrive.
- A properly worn face mask is required attire at all times when in the library unless a City of Burlington Mask By-law exemption applies to you.
Starting Mon Feb 22: Limited computer/printer use by appointment resumes. Bookings and appointments start Mon Feb 22. Please note this date may change, depending on public health directives. Watch here for updates.
NO browsing collections, walk-in library services, or sit & stay for leisure, work, or study at this time.
Throughout this period of reopening and recovery in our city, as we gradually reintroduce library services, you can be confident that we will do so responsibly at the earliest date we can.
We encourage you to keep practicing prevention: maintain physical distancing, wear face covering in public, and stay home if unwell. With your cooperation, our community may be able to move out of the Red Zone quickly. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding as we work together to make Burlington safe again.
Items DUE? Try to RENEW
Most print and audiovisual items can be renewed up to 10 times, each time for 21 days, if no one is waiting to borrow.
Open every day
- Monday to Friday: 10am to 7pm
- Saturday: 9am to 5pm
- Sunday: Noon to 5pm
- Closed holidays
The Library will continue to communicate important library service updates through the website and social media.
|Branch||Holds Pick-up||Computer/Printer By Appointment||Browse & Borrow|
|Branch||Sit & Stay Visit||Work/Study Space||In-branch Programs||Room Rental|
- Limiting the number of people inside
- Practicing physical distancing whenever possible
- Extra cleaning everywhere, especially in high-touch and common areas
- Computers, keyboards, and workstations are cleaned after every session
- Providing hand sanitizer stations at all entrances
- Wearing masks
- Wearing face shields when working directly with customers
- Controlling the flow of traffic inside
- Extending the holds pick-up period to 7 open days to reduce lineups and allow more time to move items between branches
- Quarantining items for 72 hours when returned
- Reducing service points and open hours to optimize cleaning and work processes
- Staff self-assess their health before coming into work.
- Online programs, limited holds pick-up service only. Computers by-appointment-only starts Feb 22.
- No access to microfilm/microfiche, newspapers, reference collections, makerspace, 3D printers, inside return slots
- No loaning out of Seed Library packets, Cognitive Care Kits
- No Visiting Library Services
- Interlibrary Loan service is suspended until March 31, 2021
- No room rental
Book a library computer/printer appointment (opens Feb 22)