BPL welcomes more visitors & reopens Central’s upper floors, Fri July 16
After a 16-month closure, Central’s 2nd and 3rd floors reopen! We’re thrilled to welcome back our valued customers for browsing, time-limited computer use, and sit & stay visits for leisure, work, and study.
More visitors can come inside our branches during the Province’s Step 3—and we ask that you respectfully share library spaces with others. You are welcome to come in for a short stay, longer if no one is waiting to come in, but please be willing to leave if staff ask you to. We’re grateful for your cooperation.
Library services starting Fri July 16:
|Browse & Borrow||Sit & Stay Visit
NEW at Central
Some collections have moved. If you can’t find what you want, we’re here to help.
- 1st floor: All New & Hot displays
- 2nd floor: Adult fiction (formerly 3rd floor)
- 3rd floor: Expanded seating area
When you visit
- Please read the Halton Region COVID-19 poster at the branch entrance and self-screen before coming inside. By entering, you are affirming that you do not have COVID-19, have not been in close contact with anyone with the virus, and that you do not have any COVID-19 symptoms. Please stay at home if you're feeling unwell. Let’s keep vigilant and continue to look after each other.
- A properly worn face covering is required attire at all times when in the library unless a City of Burlington Mask By-law exemption applies to you.
- Always practice prevention and maintain an appropriate physical distance from others.
- No food is permitted inside.
- Limit your stay if others are waiting to come in.
We’re looking forward to seeing you soon at the library!
Open every day
- Monday to Friday: 10am to 7pm
- Saturday: 9am to 5pm
- Sunday: Noon to 5pm
- Closed holiday
- Limiting the number of people inside - or as directed by Province
- Practicing physical distancing whenever possible
- Extra cleaning everywhere, especially in high-touch and common areas
- Computers, keyboards, and workstations are cleaned three times throughout the day
- Providing hand sanitizer stations at all entrances
- Wearing masks and face shields at all times when serving customers.
- Extending the holds pick-up period to 7 open days to allow more time to move items between branches.
- Reducing service points and open hours to optimize cleaning and work processes.
- Staff self-assess their health before coming into work.
- Cognitive Care Kits may be borrowed by special arrangement. Please call us at 905.639.3611.
- No access to microfilm/microfiche, newspapers, reference collections, makerspace, 3D printers, inside return slots
- No loaning out of Seed Library packets
- No Visiting Library Services
- Interlibrary Loan service is suspended until August 31, 2021
- No room rental
- No in-branch programs