NEW holds pick-up during 2nd Provincial Emergency starts Jan 14
While the threat of COVID-19 escalates, we strongly urge you to pause your holds and stay at home at this time. We believe this is the right thing to do to help control the spread of the pandemic in our community, and aligns with the Province's Stay-At-Home Order. The safest option of all is to borrow from our always-open online collections. See Related links below for how to pause a hold.
However, Ontario’s declared State of Emergency, Jan 14 to Feb 10, continues to allow limited contactless holds pick-up service, so we are changing our holds pick-up routine starting on Thu January 14: you will not enter the branch to pick-up holds.
How to pick-up your ready hold items
STEP 1 ARRIVE & CALL when you're 1st in line AT THE DOOR, with your library card number handy.
STEP 2 WAIT OUTSIDE while we checkout and place items on a table near the door.
STEP 3 PICK UP HOLDS AFTER the entry area is clear of staff and other customers. Please wear a face mask for the safety of others.
Customers without a mobile phone or who need to make an alternative holds pick-up arrangement, please call your local branch before coming to the library at 905.639.3611 + the branch extension when prompted: Aldershot ext 1702; Alton ext 1903; Brant Hills ext 1502; Central ext 1213; New Appleby ext 1802; Tansley Woods ext 1403.
Our goal is to provide holds pick-up service with maximum physical distancing and minimum direct contact. With regret, we cannot help you in person at the branches at this time. If you have a question about using the library, please contact us online or call us during open hours.
With your cooperation, we can continue to provide holds pick-up service during this public health crisis, as long as it is safe to do so. Keep safe and well, Burlington.
Items DUE? Stay at home and try to RENEW
Most print and audiovisual items can be renewed up to 10 times, each time for 21 days, if no one is waiting to borrow.
Open every day
- Monday to Friday: 10am to 7pm
- Saturday: 9am to 5pm
- Sunday: Noon to 5pm
- Closed holidays
The Library will continue to communicate important library service updates through the website and social media.
We look forward to offering more library services again when the Provincial restrictions are lifted.
|Branch||Holds Pick-up||Computer by Appointment||Browse & Borrow|
|Branch||Sit & Stay Visit||Work/Study Space||In-branch Programs||Room Rental|
- Limiting the number of people inside
- Practicing physical distancing whenever possible
- Extra cleaning everywhere, especially in high-touch and common areas
- Computers, keyboards, and workstations are cleaned after every session
- Providing hand sanitizer stations at all entrances
- Wearing masks
- Wearing face shields when working directly with customers
- Controlling the flow of traffic inside
- Extending the holds pick-up period to 7 open days to reduce lineups and allow more time to move items between branches
- Quarantining items for 72 hours when returned
- Reducing service points and open hours to optimize cleaning and work processes
- Staff self-assess their health before coming into work.
- Online programs and limited holds pick-up service only
- No access to microfilm/microfiche, newspapers, reference collections, makerspace, 3D printers, inside return slots
- No loaning out of Seed Library packets, Cognitive Care Kits
- No Visiting Library Services
- Interlibrary Loan service is suspended until March 31, 2021
- No room rental