Library Services during Provincial Emergency and Stay-At-Home Order, starting April 8
While the threat of COVID-19 continues to escalate, we strongly urge you to pause your holds and stay at home at this time to help control the spread of the pandemic in our community. The safest options of all, which align with the Province's 28-day Stay-At-Home Order, is to pause your holds on any physical items and borrow from our always-open online collections. See Related links below for how to pause a hold.
However, Ontario’s declared State of Emergency permits limited contactless holds pick-up service and computers by-appointment. Our top priority is always the health and safety of our community, and our goal is to provide these services with maximum physical distancing and minimum direct contact.
Contactless holds pick-up:
- Scan or tell us your library card number when you step inside; stay at the counter while we check-out your holds for you. No need to call us when you arrive.
- A properly worn face mask is required attire at all times when in the library unless a City of Burlington Mask By-law exemption applies to you.
Computer/printer use by-appointment:
- Please book your appointment online, or call/contact us online if you need some help.
NO browsing collections, walk-in library services, or sit & stay for leisure, work, or study at this time.
If you have a question about using the library, please contact us online or call us during open hours. We ask our valued members to please continue to practice prevention—the health and well-being of everyone in our community depends on it. Please keep safe and well.
Items DUE? Try to RENEW
Most print and audiovisual items can be renewed up to 10 times, each time for 21 days, if no one is waiting to borrow.
Open every day
- Monday to Friday: 10am to 7pm
- Saturday: 9am to 5pm
- Sunday: Noon to 5pm
- Closed holidays
|Branch||Holds Pick-up||Computer/Printer By Appointment||Browse & Borrow|
|Branch||Sit & Stay Visit||Work/Study Space||In-branch Programs||Room Rental|
- Limiting the number of people inside - or as directed by Province
- Practicing physical distancing whenever possible
- Extra cleaning everywhere, especially in high-touch and common areas
- Computers, keyboards, and workstations are cleaned after every computer-by-appointment session
- Providing hand sanitizer stations at all entrances
- Wearing masks and face shields at all times
- Controlling the flow of traffic inside (when in-branch services are allowed)
- Extending the holds pick-up period to 7 open days to reduce lineups and allow more time to move items between branches
- Quarantining items for 24 hours when returned
- Reducing service points and open hours to optimize cleaning and work processes
- Staff self-assess their health before coming into work.
- Cognitive Care Kits may be borrowed by special arrangement. Please call us at 905.639.3611.
- No access to microfilm/microfiche, newspapers, reference collections, makerspace, 3D printers, inside return slots
- No loaning out of Seed Library packets
- No Visiting Library Services
- Interlibrary Loan service is suspended until August 31, 2021
- No room rental