All library services, programs, and resources are FREE. Your library membership opens the door to a world of information, imagination, and entertainment. You can use your library card number to borrow, download, or stream a wide variety of items, including books, movies, music, magazines, newspapers, and popular technology.
Make sure you always bring your library card number with you when you come to the library.
Books, Online Resources & Newspapers in World Languages
- Borrow books in Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Hindi, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Punjabi, Russian, Spanish, Tagalog, Ukrainian, and Urdu
- If you are applying for Canadian citizenship or to work or study in Canada, get help preparing to take the IELTS.
- Learn English as a Second Language through Mango Languages, a free online resource to learn English and translate words from your mother tongue.
- Read daily newspapers from around the world using PressReader, an online resource.
- TumbleBook Library for Kids: Children can follow along as their favourite books come to life with graphics and sounds in English, Spanish, and French.
Programs & Services
- Information Burlington: Provides free personalized and confidential information and referral to various community services. Pamphlets from many community and government services are available at Central Library.
- Community and government information: Call or visit the library or search the Halton Community Services Directory.
- We offer many interesting programs and special events for people of all ages, and some primarily for newcomers to Canada. Programs are held in person at our library branches or online via ZOOM video conferencing software. Some programs may require registration.
Enjoy the Library with Your Children
- Use your library card to borrow books and book kits to help your children read and do homework.
- Borrow DVDs and music CDs.
- Register your kids for our free programs, including coding, science, and book clubs.
- Join a summer reading program every summer, where kids can read books and earn prizes.
- Check out our PARENTS and RESOURCES sections on the library website for online resources especially for kids, such as resources that help with homework and school projects.
Official Study Guide - Discover Canada: The Rights & Responsibilities of Citizenship