The Library has iPads that you can borrow and take home or use in the library.
Borrow an iPad
Looking for a convenient way to pack a few books for your next vacation, take a 'test drive' before buying your own, or keeping in touch online? Borrow a full-sized 9.7 inch iPad from the library. The device comes preloaded with a variety of popular apps, includes a USB power cable, and comes with a handy protective case and carrier cover. Minimum borrowing age: 13
iPad Pro (In-Library loan only at Central)
Fully-charged and loaded with accessibility apps such as aidColors, OneClickdigital, Read2go, and VoiceOver Tutorial, you can borrow an iPad Pro at the check-out desk to use in the branch.
Important! There are a few conditions that apply:
- Devices are in-library use only.
- Devices may not be taken into a washroom.
- Devices must be returned to a staff member at least 30 minutes before closing; do not put the device in a return slot or drop box.
- Do not delete any apps or books from the device.
- Do not plug the device into a computer.
- Minimum borrowing age: 13
- If a device is damaged or lost, you are responsible for the item's replacement cost (Chromebook: $400; MacBook $1,600; iPad Pro $1,185)
When you return the device, staff will check it for damage and to make sure it's in good working condition. Once returned, devices are 'wiped clean' and/or refreshed to protect your privacy. Any documents stored on devices while in use will be erased.
As well as two iPad Pro, Central also has two Chromebooks that can be used inside the branch. Chromebooks and MacBooks are available for in-library use at Aldershot, Alton, Brant Hills, New Appleby, and Tansley Woods.