An exam proctor oversees and regularly checks in on the student. Written and online exams are proctored at Central and Tansley Woods locations only.
Exams may be proctored from 9am to noon and 1 to 4.30pm, Monday through Friday, depending on staff availability.
- Fee: $32/hour, payable by cash, cheque, or debit payment at the end of the exam period. After the first hour, exams are charged in half hour increments at a fee of $16/half hour.
- Maximum 3 hours per exam
- Quiet study carrels or computer stations can be reserved. Silence cannot be guaranteed.
- Student provides proctor with a stamped, pre-paid, institution-addressed Canada Post envelope on day of exam. The exam proctor will mail the completed written exam on behalf of the student.
- If the exam is to be in written format, a hard-copy of the exam must arrive at least seven days before the exam date.
- No courier service, scanning, or faxing of exams is provided by the proctor.
Booking Exam Proctoring
Terms & Conditions
Please complete the online booking form to arrange exam proctoring. The library’s ability to proctor an exam depends on the institution’s proctoring requirements. Please include a link or cut & paste your institution's proctoring requirements where indicated on the form.
- Requests for specific timeslot must be made one month prior to the exam date and is subject to the availability of proctor staff.
- When the online form is received, library staff will contact you to arrange proctoring.
- Nonrefundable deposit of $32 (1 hour proctoring fee) to be paid at time of booking. Deposit to be applied to total exam fee. Options for deposit:
- Pay in person at any BPL location
- Apply the fee to your BPL card account and pay online
- Pay by credit card over the phone by calling 905.639.3611 ext 0