Your library is continuously responding to the increased demand for online services during this period of community-wide closures, self-isolation, and social distancing to help contain the spread of COVID-19 for all our safety.
We need your help. While we add eBooks to our online collection, please help keep the eBooks in motion. When you finish reading an eBook, don’t wait until its due date. Please return it, so that others may enjoy it, too. Thank you.
NEW - Ancestry Library Edition now available at home
This popular site for genealogy researchers and enthusiasts is now available to use at home while the library is closed. When you log in the first time, you will see a 'warning' screen. Please don't worry, you are entering a safe site. Log in steps—please have your 14-digit library card barcode and PIN at hand. The PIN is the same one you use to log in to your My BPL library account.
Click/tap on Ancestry Library Edition
Step 1: On Security Risk Warning screen, select “Advanced” (It's okay!)
Step 2: On the Security Risk Warning screen, select “Accept the Risk and Continue” (It's still safe.)
Step 3: On the Library Account Login page, type in 14-digit library card barcode and PIN.
You should only need to do steps 1 & 2 once, unless you use a different computer or Internet browser.
Enhanced online resources (so far)—enjoy!
- More OverDrive/Libby eBooks and eAudiobooks—visit the page often to view what’s new.
- More Hoopla: Check out 10 titles every month until the end of April.
- Check out Hoopla's Bonus Borrows: At Home Fitness (free to view and do not count against monthly checkouts)
- More Acorn TV: Now get three 7-day access passes every month until the end of April.
- More Kanopy:
- Play credits increased to 10 per month until the end of April.
- Credit-Free Viewing: unlimited viewing on a select film collection until April 14. No monthly play credits apply to these films.
- Unlimited access to Kanopy Kids until April 14
- More Tumblebooks: Access their complete online collection until August 31. After Aug 31, we will carry TumbleBooks Library. No need to sign in with a library card.
- Kindergarten to grade 6 children's eBooks
- Kindergarten to grade 6 math eBooks
- Grades 7 to 12 eBooks
- All ages eAudiobooks
- A collection of romance novels geared to adults
No holds - No waiting! Just like our browsing express print collection, 60+ new & hot express eBooks are now available first-come, first-served. You will only ever see the books that ready to borrow right now. New titles are added often.
- Loan period: 7 days
- Maximum 2 express eBooks/customer
- If there are no ebook copies currently available, titles will not be displayed
Offered through RB Digital, Acorn TV offers award-winning television from the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Spain. Discover a new favourite or binge-watch a classic TV series.
BPL cardholders get two 7-day Access Passes every month for 14 days of unlimited viewing. You can watch Acorn TV on any device or computer with Internet access, and mirror on your smart TV.
How to access Acorn TV
First time only:
- Install the RB Digital app if viewing on your tablet, device, or smart technology; the app is not required when viewing Acorn TV on your computer.
- REGISTER for an RB Digital account. If you already have an RB Digital account through BPL, just log in.
- From the RB Digital Menu or Carousel, select Entertainment > then select Acorn TV.
- Click/tap on any TV series or movie listing, and then click checkout to get a 7-day Access pass. Please note: At this point, you are not actually checking out an item; this action only launches the Acorn TV set-up screen.
- On the set-up screen, you will be prompted to create an Acorn TV password. Make sure you use the same email address you used when setting up your RB Digital account.
- Click/tap on a TV series or movie listing for a detailed summary, and then click checkout to get a 7-day Access pass.
- Browse selections, view trailers, choose what you want to watch now or save until later in your watchlist—enjoy!
All subsequent times:
- Log in to your RB digital account. Use your email address instead of username and RB digital password for quickest access
- From the RB Digital Menu or Carousel, select Entertainment > then select Acorn TV
- Log in to Acorn TV. You may see a Welcome Back message if your 7-day access pass is active. Select “Access Acorn TV” to sign in to your Acorn TV account.
- OR just bookmark acorn.tv and log in to your active session using your Acorn TV password.
When your 7-day session expires: log in to your RB digital account to check out Acorn TV for another 7 days. You get two 7-day access passes every month for 14 days of unlimited viewing.
You can access The New York Times online with your library card for a 72-hour period as frequently as you want. You only need to create your NYTimes account once; however, you will need to visit BPL's Resources page every 72 hours to re-activate ongoing access to your New York Times account.
How to Access The New York Times
First time only:
- Click on REDEEM link below to redeem a 72-hour code and create an online account.
- Follow the links to login to your account and start enjoying NYTimes.
All subsequent times:
- Click on LOGIN link to login to NYTimes.
- IF you get an error message, your 72-hour access period may have ended. Please go back and click REDEEM again.
- Follow login link from that page to enjoy NYTimes.
VISIT Tumblebooks: Kindergarten to grade 6 math eBooks Username: tumble2020 + password: A3b5c6
VISIT Tumblebooks: grades 7 to 12 eBooks Username: tumble2020 + password: A3b5c6
VISIT Tumblebooks: all ages eAudiobooks Username: tumble2020 + password: A3b5c6
VISIT Tumblebooks: adult romance novels Username: tumble2020 + password: A3b5c6