Central's Makerspace will soon be on the move—up to its new home on the 3rd floor at Central branch. Maker equipment will move into storage in late February when construction starts in the new space and collections are in motion. Improvement work runs March through June.
We greatly appreciate your patience and cooperation as we improve our spaces to serve you better. We know you'll be thrilled with the results!
Moving collections around on the 2nd and 3rd floor continues to prepare for the big collection move later in March/early April. To date:
- Adult Fiction hardcovers and paperbacks are shelved together.
- Romance, Western and Science Fiction books are temporarily relocated on the 3rd floor.
- Non-fiction DVDs are located on the shelves to the left of the 2nd floor service desk.
- The teen collection is in transition – please ask for help finding items.
- DAISY readers are in their new space beside the elevator on the 1st floor.
If you can’t find what you are looking for, please ask library staff.
- Expanded access to Makerspace equipment
- New equipment in the Makerspace including a large format printer/ scanner.
- Redeveloped Teen Space
- More Study tables on the 3rd floor
- Easier access to fiction and audio-visual collections
- Refreshed look
Over this work period expect:
- No access to Makerspace equipment, except the 3D Printer
- Collections, furniture, computer workstations, and shelf relocation around Central branch
- Furnishings removal
- Some collections temporarily stored
- Reduced access to collections
- Construction noise
- Temporary closures
Please watch our website notices and alerts for any disruptions.