Starting September 7, print magazines and newspapers will be back in our browsing collection. So come in relax with a newspaper or find a magazine to borrow and take home.
In the meantime, if you are looking for a specific magazine issue, please call 905.639.3611 during open hours, and we’ll place a hold on the issue you want. Please have your library card number ready. See what's available in our catalogue through the link below. The magazine loan period is 3 weeks.
Read magazines on your device or computer
Digital magazines are instantly available for BPL members—no waiting ever. Select from thousands of popular titles that you can stream or download—there's no limit to how many you can borrow at the same time. Read current and back issues of your favourite magazines through OverDrive, offered along with our largest selection of online eBooks and eAudiobooks.
- Borrow & Download to read offline through the Libby app. We recommend this option for the best magazine borrowing and reading experience. Please visit your device app store to install OverDrive's Libby app.
- Borrow & Stream on your desktop/laptop computer or through the OverDrive app
- OverDrive app users: You must sign into your OverDrive account to stream magazines. Borrowed magazines do not appear in your bookshelf.
- 21 days, unless you choose to borrow for 7 or 14 days
- Digital magazines will no longer stay on your device indefinitely.