Burlington residents vote this October to select their City Council members, Regional Chair, and school trustees—the people who will represent your voice and interests at City Hall, Halton Region, and the four local school Boards from November 15, 2022 to November 14, 2026. Here’s a summary of what you need to know about voting in the municipal election. This page is updated as more information becomes available.
Mark your calendar to vote:
- Register to vote online: Mon Sep 26 to Wed Oct 19
- Vote online: Tue Oct 11 to Wed Oct 19
- In-person advance voting: Sat Oct 15 & Tue Oct 18
- In-person voting on Election Day: Mon October 24
Did you know... right now is the perfect time to make sure you're on the voters list? Being on the voters list saves you time when you vote. It's quick and easy to check:
- Before Aug 31, 2022: Check online or call the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) at 1.866.296.6722 or or TTY: 1.877.889.6722.
- After Sep 1, 2022: You can go online to the City of Burlington election web page to revise your information.
Before the election, you are mailed a voter information letter that tells you who you can vote for and your in-person voting locations.
Are you interested in working at an election poll? Apply to work at an election poll for Burlington’s 2022 municipal election.
The City is currently looking for temporary election officials to help run the municipal election. Election officials will support the advance voting period on Oct 15 and 18, and election day on Oct 24, 2022.
There are a variety of election jobs available. Find the one for you!
- Be a part of the democratic process
- Connect with members of your community
- Grow and develop professional skills
All positions are paid. Learn more and apply
Are you interested in running as a candidate? The nomination period for those who want to run as a candidate is 8.30am on May 2 to 2pm on Aug 19.
Voters—Get informed! Read about the candidates. Know what's happening in our city—see Related links below
City of Burlington Election 2022 information - The go-to information source for voters and candidates for the October election
Current Burlington City Council Members & Wards - Council and Ward news