We have selected a variety of excellent literary selections that are certain to generate plenty of discussion. Each kit contains twelve books and a book club discussion guide.
- Book Club Kits require a special card; regular library cards may not be used to place holds on Book Club Kits or to check-out kits. Each participating book club should choose a representative that agrees to take responsibility for the Book Club Kit on behalf of their group. To get a Book Club Kit card, the club rep will need to visit any Burlington Public Library branch with their existing library card and personal identification. Library staff will set up a Book Club Kit card. Please let us know if your book club representative changes.
- Up to two Book Club Kits may be borrowed on your card at one time.
- The loan period for a kit is 60 days. Book Club Kits may not be renewed.
- Book Club Kits must be checked out as a complete set.
- You can place a hold on up to two kits at a time. Due to high demand, we do not take advanced bookings for these kits. Kits are available on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Kits can be sent to your preferred library branch for pick-up.
- The representative who borrows the bag is responsible for returning the complete Book Club Kit to the check-in desk at any branch during open hours. Overdue fines apply.
- The kit's content is listed on a label attached to the Book Club Kit bag.
- The library will bill your book club for any lost or damaged Book Club Kit items.