Changes are coming - May 14
Update - May 13
We are waiting to hear from OverDrive, the new service provider of Acorn TV, how program streaming will work for library viewers starting May 14. As soon as the information is confirmed, we will provide an update right here. Thanks so much for your patience during this transition.
Acorn TV will be leaving RB Digital on May 14 and moving to its new home on OverDrive, where library members already can borrow from our large and always growing collection of eBooks, eAudiobooks, and digital magazines. The RB Digital app will permanently retire on May 20, 2021. Right now, we are waiting to learn more from OverDrive about how access to Acorn TV will work. Please stay tuned here for more information.
About Acorn TV
Offered through RB Digital until May 14, Acorn TV offers award-winning television from the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Spain. Discover a new favourite or binge-watch a classic TV series.
BPL cardholders get two 7-day Access Passes every month for 14 days of unlimited viewing. You can watch Acorn TV on any device or computer with Internet access, and mirror on your smart TV.
How to access Acorn TV
First time only:
- Install the RB Digital app if viewing on your tablet, device, or smart technology; the app is not required when viewing Acorn TV on your computer.
- REGISTER for an RB Digital account. If you already have an RB Digital account through BPL, just log in.
- From the RB Digital Menu or Carousel, select Entertainment > then select Acorn TV.
- Click/tap on any TV series or movie listing, and then click checkout to get a 7-day Access pass. Please note: At this point, you are not actually checking out an item; this action only launches the Acorn TV set-up screen.
- On the set-up screen, you will be prompted to create an Acorn TV password. Make sure you use the same email address you used when setting up your RB Digital account. Your username and password for both RB Digital and Acorn TV should be the same.
- Click/tap on a TV series or movie listing for a detailed summary, and then click checkout to get a 7-day Access pass.
- Browse selections, view trailers, choose what you want to watch now or save until later in your watchlist—enjoy!
All subsequent times:
- Log in to your RB digital account. Use your email address instead of username and RB digital password for quickest access.
- From the RB Digital Menu or Carousel, select Entertainment > then select Acorn TV
- Log in to Acorn TV. You may see a Welcome Back message if your 7-day access pass is active. Select “Access Acorn TV” to sign in to your Acorn TV account.
- OR just bookmark acorn.tv and log in to your active session using your Acorn TV password.
When your 7-day session expires: log in to your RB digital account to check out Acorn TV for another 7 days. You get two 7-day access passes every month for 14 days of unlimited viewing.