Burlington Public Library does not accept donations of books, DVDs, or CDs. A list of worthy community agencies and organizations that accept used items is provided in the Halton Community Services Directory.
Organizations that Accept Used Books
Please check the Halton Community Services Directory: Where to donate used books for an itemized listing of acceptable donations by organization.
Places That Will Pick Up Your Donation
- Diabetes Canada Clothesline Project, 1.800.505.5525
- Ontario Federation for Cerebral Palsy, 1.888.238.6327
Places That Will Accept Drop-off Donations
- Burlington Goodwill Value Centre, 4051 New St at Walkers Line, 905.333.8989
- Burlington Humane Society thrift stores
- The Attic, 479 John St, 905.333.5885
- The Loft, 740 Griffith Court, 905.633.8143
- Habitat for Humanity Halton-Mississauga ReStore, 1800 Appleby Line, Unit 10, 905.637.4446 ext 229
- Mission Thrift Store, 2421 New St, Village Gate Plaza just west of Guelph Line, 905.631.1199
- Salvation Army Thrift Store, 3245 Fairview St at Cumberland, 905.633.8762
- Local Little Free Library sites: Contact Lisa for coordinated distribution, 905.599.5566
- Some nursing homes and retirement residences will accept used books: Please call first.
Make an online donation to Burlington Public Library through CanadaHelps.org
Library donations: donations in tribute & bequests