Paws 4 Stories
Reading should be fun!
By reading to a furry friend, children can improve their reading skills and increase their confidence, interest, and enjoyment in reading.
Every Paws 4 Stories dog is specially trained to sit quietly and listen while your child reads aloud to it.
Who can participate?
- Children 6 to 10 years old in grades 1 to 4
- Parents/guardians do not stay in the same room with the child and dog, but must remain in the library during the registered session.
- A handler stays with the dog during the session but does not participate in the read-aloud.
- Individual sessions run 20 minutes.
- limited space; please call location to sign up.
Paws 4 Stories is a St. John Ambulance Therapy Dog Community Service.