Stategic Plan 2011-2015
In consultation with YOU, BPL staff, and others in our community, the Library Board has developed a draft of BPL's new Strategic Plan. We've selected strategic directions and goals based on your input.
Please read over the Draft Strategic Plan: (opens in a new window or tab)
Then, take our survey: SORRY, OUR SURVEY IS NOW CLOSED
Thanks to all who gave us ideas and feedback through the process of creating our new Strategic Plan! Check back in May to see the final version.
Between June and November 2011, you told us your ideas about how you'd like to see the Library evolve over the next few years.
Here's what you told us:
VIDEO SUMMARY PRESENTATION
We also did some research on our own.
Here's what we found:
We are very excited to be moving into the next strategic planning phase - compiling and analyzing what you've told us so far. Here's what we're looking at:
- written responses on over 15 'One day my library will..." banners
- over 600 public survey responses
- discussions from the over 30 people who participated in our three public focus groups
- responses from community groups
- survey and focus group results from BPL staff
Thank you to everyone who has participated. Your interest in and enthusiasm for the library and its future is so important to us.
Our community survey has now closed. THANK YOU for participating!
If you missed the survey, there may still be time to participate in one of our community focus groups - see the update from July 26 (below) for dates.
And don't forget to check back here over the next few months to see updates on the progress of our strategic plan!
Take the survey now: Sorry, the survey is now closed.
We need you to tell us what you are thinking.
What are we doing right? What do we need to improve? And how do we need to change to meet your changing needs?
Sign up to participate in one of our September focus group discussions.
- Tuesday, September 20, 7:00pm, Central Library in Centennial Hall
- Thursday, September 29, 1:00pm, Tansley Woods Library in the Program Room
- Friday, September 30, 9:30am, Central Library in the Holland Room
We need your input to help us create a vision for BPL that will make sure we can meet your needs today, tomorrow and many years from now - actually, we hope it will be forever!
We asked you to tell us your vision for the future of BPL.