Enriching Burlington by supporting 21st century literacies, lifelong learning, and community connections.
In this fast changing world our values keep us anchored and guide our ongoing planning and decision-making:
- We strive to provide barrier-free facilities, resources and programs that are accessible to all.
- We are accountable to our community for the services we provide.
Creativity and Innovation
- We encourage and support creative approaches and innovative solutions in all aspects of library service.
Information and Literacy
- We believe in the importance of an informed and literate community.
- We subscribe to the fundamental principles of intellectual freedom and the open exchange of information.
Life Long Learning
- We believe in providing resources and services that contribute to life long learning.
Love of Reading
- We nurture the joy of reading in people of all ages.
Positive Work Environment
- We believe in providing a safe and positive work environment that provides staff challenging opportunities to grow and develop, and to contribute.
Quality of Services
- We value excellence in our customer services and collections.
Respect and Dignity
- We treat all people with respect and dignity.