This spring, the Children’s Library @Central is getting a makeover. Improvement work runs March through June.
From April 29 through June 3, during this phase of the project:
- No access to the Discovery Centre
- No access to children's computers & early literacy stations
- Limited access to picture books
- Limited access to play areas
How to get to around the closed area to the open Children's Area:
- 2nd floor: go through DVD area and quiet study zone to the current Children's non-fiction area
- via 3rd floor: take back elevator to the 2nd floor
The improvement area will be barricaded during this period, and we ask that all visitors keep outside of the barriers for your personal safety.
Thank you so much for your ongoing patience and cooperation during this improvement project. We know you'll be thrilled with the results!
- Cozy reading nooks
- Storytime Circle program area
- Enhanced Discovery Area
- Refreshed look
Over this work period expect:
- Collections, furniture, computer workstations, and shelf relocation
- Furnishings removal
- Some collections temporarily stored on book trucks
- Reduced picture book collection
- Limited access to toys/play structures, snack and craft tables
- Recarpeting & painting
- Construction noise
- Temporary closures
- Celebration collection unavailable except for St. Patrick's Day and Easter. Stored items are not available for loan.
Please watch our website notices and alerts for any disruptions. We greatly appreciate your patience and cooperation as we improve our spaces to serve you better.